Eager to create Green Business Solutions? Keen on working in an international setting?
RCE Vienna (WU, Vienna), offers a unique opportunity for 20 WU students to join EU projects, working with international students from architecture & design, environmental engineering and digital media.
Project #1: Green Skills for Cities
includes excursion to Genoa, Italy (costs partly covered)
You have the unique opportunity to work in a transdisciplinary project team with students from IAAC, Barcelona and UNIGE, Genoa, which prepares you for consulting municipalities in the context of ‘Nature-based Solutions’. While focusing on a case study, you will gain skills in botany, environmental engineering, design and economics. You will get support from international trainers and experts to design the implementation of solutions in an urban context.
Project #2: Urban Shift
includes excursion to Barcelona, Spain (costs covered)
You have the opportunity to develop ‘Green Business Solutions’ and create transdisciplinary startups with students from IAAC, Barcelona, HdM, Stuttgart and WIFI, Vienna. While other international students bring in expertise from different disciplines – such as architecture, urban planning, environmental engineering, digital media – you will bring the entrepreneurial spirit to turn your ideas into a business concept. Along this journey, you have the opportunity to receive support from trainers and teachers at WU, as well as professionals from corporate partners. You will have access to a network of urban experts, meet private sector actors and develop a business concept and prototypes in a ‘learning by doing’ environment.
Facts & key dates*
- Course type: additional course (3 ECTS)
- Duration: 1 Semester (SS 2023)
- Requirements: working language is English, master/advanced bachelor
Green Skills for Cities
- Start of programme: March 8th, 2023
- Online kick-off: mid March, 2023
- Excursion to Genoa, Italy: April 26th-28th, 2023
- End of programme & final presentation: mid May, 2023
- Online pre-event: December 7th, 2022
- Start of programme: March 1st-5th, 2023
- Excursion to Barcelona, Spain: June 9th-10th, 2023
- End of programme: end of June, 2023
*Dates may be subject to change
Send your CV/LinkedIn profile and answer the following questions in English (please just a few sentences):
- What does the ideal city of 2050 look like?
- Why do you want to participate? (Please specifically refer to your preferred project: Green Skills for Cities or Urban Shift)
Send your application to Laura Hohoff (email@example.com) & Marie-Sophie Attems (firstname.lastname@example.org) latest by November 21st, 2022. The programme is organized by RCE Vienna (WU Vienna). The interviews for the selection process will be held November 28th – December 1st, 2022.
Any questions? Feel free to contact us!